We bought a Tempur-Pedic at Mattress Firm. We tried it for a week, but didn't like it, so we tried another TP. Kept it for 2 weeks and went back to conventional mattress. They will let you change as often as you want, just pay the delivery fee (I think it was 60) but it's worth it to be happy with the large investment. We were in the show room a few hours before we decided on the first one and were sure it was the right choice.I'm glad we did buy there for sure!!
We finally bought a Tempur-Pedic after having several spring mattresses and pillow tops. Best thing we ever did. The spring/pillow tops would always start to dip after 2-3 years. We bought the Tempur-Pedic about 4-5 years ago and have no complaints. We will never have anything else.
I don't remember what we paid. We bought the adjustable one and it is great. At the time we bought it, Mattress Giant was have 0% financing so we just did that and paid it off before incurring any financing charges.
Lillabeth --- 3 min ago - quote - hide comments Memory Foam mattresses are not for couples who still enjoy lots of "sexy time". Memory foam doesn't really give or move. Couples need a little give and take from a mattress.
Mattress Firm sells their returns at their discount centers. It is disclosed that the mattress you are buying might be one that was returned.
Good to know. Thanks. But what are some of the business names used as their discount centers? I love a good discount, but would not want a used mattress for the home. I can't really reason through it though since we all have no problems with used mattresses in hotel rooms.
My dear MIL just got a new mattress. When it was delivered it had a stain and a hole on the bottom of the mattress. It must have been tried out by someone as it appeared to be used. We had to call customer service and make them deliver a new mattress. When the new mattress was delivered I noticed that it was still in the factory packaging. The first mattress was not wrapped in anything. You do have to be careful when buying a new mattress. Be sure to check and see if the mattress is still in the original packaging before they take it off the truck.
Try a IComfort memory foam, very comfortable & less than Tempa-pedic. IComfort is a memory foam with gel to keep it cool. Originally a lot of people complained that the T-p were hot. We love the Icomfort had it for about a year.
I guess I need to go to a mattress store and simulate these activities on their memory foam models. There's no way Mrs Peace would participate in such an exercise, nor would she even want to be in the same building as me during said testing...but it seems that this is the one potential compromise on a memory foam that could be a deal-breaker.
You need to post more often. You happened to bring this thread full circle. You gave it a nice finishing move. You brought it to fruition...to the peak of satisfaction after nearly 24 hrs of solid e-foreplay.
That link is exactly what this thread needed.
Your link reveals the following trade-offs of a memory foam mattress for those concerned about some of the described down-side issues with these mattresses. Let's take a look:
Advantages Of Sex On A Memory Foam Mattress 1. Discrete sex. Because the mattress is heavy, absorbs motion and does not bounce, the bed moves little during sex. This allows sex to take place with no one in the next room being aware of it. This could be especially beneficial for parents who seek to keep their intimate moments secret from their kids.
2. Comfort. The mattress often gives enough so that knees, butt, elbows, hands, etc. don't get uncomfortable. This allows a person to stay in certain positions longer without fatigue or discomfort.
3. Faster climax. The bed's traction or sinking-in effect may allow for more efficiency of movement, resulting in faster and easier climax.
4. New, different positions. The bed's traction or sinking-in effect may allow people to have sex in positions that they could not perform (or not perform as well or easily) on other types of beds. This is especially true of high-density memory foam mattresses, such as certain Tempurpedic models.
Disadvantages Of Sex On A Memory Foam Mattress 1. Impedes "active" sex. Some owners say that the way a person sinks into the foam provides too much "traction" which can discourage partners from moving around and changing positions often. And given memory foam's temperature sensitivity, this can be especially true in higher room temperatures. Lower-density memory foam mattresses, however, tend to be easier to move on than higher-density memory foam mattresses.
2. Requires more energy. Similar to the above point, owners say that because of the traction or sinking-in effect of the bed, you can tire more quickly. Some even complain of cramping and pulled muscles. Again, most complaints on this issue are for higher-density memory foam mattresses.
3. No bounce. Since a memory foam bed is motion absorbing, it has little or no bouncing effect. Some owners say this makes it difficult to get into a rhythm and can cause sex to seem awkward.
4. Lack of edge support. Some models lack adequate support along the edges of the bed. Making love near an edge, therefore, may result in one or both persons rolling off the bed.